I receive several inquiries about reopening a chapter 7 case once the case is closed.
This is possible to do, however it is subject to court approval.
1. The debt must have been incurred before the date your case was originally filed.
2. The court charges an amendment fee of $26 to add on debt to a case.
3. There is also a reopen fee to reopen a case once it is closed, $260 for Chapter 7.
4. Your attorney may charge an additional fee to do the work for you.
5. This must be done by motion to the court, then the judge will rule on letting the case reopen.