With the ever increasing gasoline and food expenses, my clients and consumers both should take advantage of the many free (or relatively cheap) things to do this Summer.
Here is a quick list of ideas.
1. The beach. Chicago has many beaches to choose from in the city and suburbs. This article from the Red Eye Chicago Paper has a listing of the best features for the top beaches in Chicago.
2. The Art Institute of Chicago. 111 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL
Free to the public on Thursday evenings from 5pm to 8pm.
3. Lincoln Park Zoo. 2200 N Cannon Dr Chicago, IL 60614. Free admission.
4. Movies in the park. various locations. free. See Spiderman 3, Bee Movie, ET, Jaws, The Great Debaters, Hairspray and more. Bring your popcorn!
5. Free concerts at the Taste of Chicago Enjoy free concerts by Stevie Wonder, Plain White T’s, Joss Stone, Fantasia, Bonnie Raitt, Chaka Khan and more.