Getting a Fresh Start with Bankruptcy in Bridgeport, Chicago with Terrance Leeders
If you’re living in Bridgeport, Chicago, and feeling overwhelmed by debt, bankruptcy may be an option for you. Bankruptcy can help you get a fresh start financially and wipe out your debt, so you can focus on rebuilding your credit and moving forward.
What is bankruptcy?
Bankruptcy is a legal process that allows you to discharge your debts, or have them forgiven by the court. There are two main types of bankruptcy: Chapter 7 and Chapter 13.
Chapter 7 bankruptcy is the most common type of bankruptcy. In Chapter 7 bankruptcy, your non-exempt assets are sold to pay off your creditors. However, most people have very few non-exempt assets, so most of their debt is discharged.
Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a reorganization bankruptcy. In Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you create a repayment plan to pay back your creditors over a period of time, typically three to five years. After you successfully complete your repayment plan, any remaining debt is discharged.
How can Terrance Leeders help you?
Terrance Leeders is an experienced bankruptcy lawyer in Bridgeport, Chicago. He can help you determine which type of bankruptcy is right for you and guide you through the bankruptcy process.
Here are some of the benefits of working with Terrance Leeders:
- He has a proven track record of helping clients get a fresh start with bankruptcy.
- He is knowledgeable in all aspects of bankruptcy law.
- He is compassionate and understanding, and he will treat you with respect throughout the bankruptcy process.
If you’re considering bankruptcy in Bridgeport, Chicago, contact Terrance Leeders today for a free consultation.
How to get started with bankruptcy
If you’re ready to get started with bankruptcy, here are a few things you need to do:
- Gather your financial documents, such as your tax returns, bank statements, and credit card statements.
- Schedule a consultation with Terrance Leeders.
- File your bankruptcy petition with the court.
- Attend your bankruptcy meeting.
- Complete your bankruptcy plan (if you’re filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy).
- Receive your discharge.
Getting a fresh start with bankruptcy is possible. With Terrance Leeders by your side, you can navigate the bankruptcy process and get the financial relief you need.
Contact Terrance Leeders today for a free consultation.
Call today 312-346-7400 or submit a request below for more bankruptcy information.